Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to stashing and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's review these. Thus, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you'd like to set up a site, mail aliases, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by given firms, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are often supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a big amount of images with buddies or colleagues since the solution is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your e-mail address accounts. Some vendors offer web site hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to launch an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to run as many video files as you want to without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to keep a website. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video files, etc. At Lonex, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific web content exclusively.